How to Spend a Rainy Day in Amsterdam
Read MoreShow Less
Rain is part and parcel of daily life in the Dutch capital, but that’s no reason for your plans to be dampened. From museum visits to cultural experiences, here are your best bets for staying dry while making the most of your time in Amsterdam.
- Immerse yourself in Dutch heritage at Amsterdam’sRijksmuseumorVan Gogh Museum, using skip-the-line admission to escape the rain faster, or check out some of the city’s less-crowded, more-bohemian options, such as theHash, Marihuana, andHemp MuseumorFOAM Gallery.
- Keep kids entertained and out of the rain at theNEMO Science Museum. *This Is Hollanduses multisensory technology to fly you right over the Netherlands’ top attractions, without leaving the building—a great way to explore if it’s too wet to wander outside.
- Don’t miss out on seeing the city just because it’s raining—book ahop-on hop-off tourto discover Amsterdam from a dry seat on a closed-top, double-decker bus.
- Experience local culture by getting cozy in anAmsterdam coffee shop, taking a turn around the city’straditional pubs, or sampling plenty of tasters at the formerHeineken Brewery.
- Tuck into local cuisine with an authentic Amsterdam dinner atDe Hallen’s covered food marketor a personalized dining experience in thehome of a local.
2 Tours and Activities | All Amsterdam Tours
Get the most out of your Amsterdam stay — and save money — with the I amsterdam City Card. With this pass, you enjoy unlimited use of public transport, a canal cruise and discounts on attractions and restaurants. Plus, gain entry to 44 museums including the Rijksmuseum, the Rembrandthuis Museum, Van Gogh Museum (with time slot booking option) and Hermitage Amsterdam. Use your pass to discover this marvelous city at your own pace!
Enjoy a multi-sensory experience away from the crowded historic attractions on a visit to THIS IS HOLLAND: The Ultimate Flight Experience, ideal for visitors with limited time. Gain an aerial perspective on a flight simulation ride and discover views of Holland’s rural highlights without having to leave the capital. Learn about the country’s history and geography on 4D adventure that utilizes physical stimulus and special effects for a memorable experience.
Taking safety measures
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas